Friday, June 11, 2010

Update from Buster's Family.

Dear Hope,

First please accept my apologies for not sending you an update earlier. I was just cleaning out my spam and saw your e-mail J.

Anyway……about Buster. I simply cannot believe how much we just LOVE him. I know that sounds so cheesy but it is so true. He has brought us so much fun and laughter! He is so comical with his faces and grins and even his stubbornness. He has completely taken over the house. As I mentioned to you in an earlier e-mail, my dad built him the Cadillac of dog houses. He could have saved himself a lot of time and money because Buster prefers to sleep in the bed. He is so comfortable in his routine that he goes up to bed sometimes before my parents. He has also earned the nickname “Houdini” for his uncanny ability to unlock doors. (You did mention in his online description that he can open sliding glass doors – how accurate – that was just the beginningJ) When left alone at the house we would lock the kitchen door (leading downstairs where he has his television to watch and bed and food) only to every time come home to Buster relaxing on the recliner or looking out the windows. He is too funny! We can’t even begin to figure out how he does it but…..it’s just another thing we love about him.

It’s summer now and we go up the lake every weekend. Buster just loves all of the attention he gets from everyone – and I mean everyone! No one can walk by without telling him how “handsome” he is. He tries to play with our dog Novalee (a Bischon) and he is so gentle with her and then sometimes forgets his own size and strength. They are fun to watch together. He loves to go down to the lake and wade – he is not much for jumping in or swimming. He is my Dad’s constant companion. The go to the home improvement stores, the junk yard and just about everywhere together. Buster gets so excited when he sees my dad pick up the keys. Believe it or not – you can actually read his emotions on his face. My dad also has a cabin and land in Wyalusing (we call it The Ranch) and Buster goes up there to run. He and my Dad have “boxing” lessons daily where Buster jumps and jumps on him in a boxing way. I don’t know how they keep up with one another!

Basically, we feel like we were just “made for each other”. Buster has particularly fallen in love with our middle daughter, Ciera, who makes it a point to stop by to see and play with him as much as she can. Their play time is a show in itself! My Mom has even gotten over being crazed over the shedding – she just adores him and makes him breakfast (he loves his eggs and toast) several times a week.

In short – we cannot thank you enough. Buster is happy and healthy. He has put on about 10 pounds since we got him which the vet said is very healthy for him. What a success story…..God Bless You and all you do for so many!!!

Love,

Mary Ellen

No comments:

Post a Comment